Around the globe, dTMS is becoming a popular therapy for use in both physical and mental health ailments. But, who are the candidates for dTMS therapy, what conditions does it help with, and how does it work to provide results?
As the first and now leading provider of dTMS therapy in Chicagoland, Synchrony Brain Health is committed to providing answers about this type of therapy so that more people in the area can get the sustained and lasting healing they’re looking to find.
What is dTMS?
Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or dTMS, is an innovative therapy that helps provide symptom relief for both physical and mental health conditions and symptoms. It’s completely non-invasive, so it doesn’t require surgical techniques, medication for sedation, or any recovery time post-treatment sessions. Essentially, dTMS uses brain mapping technology to pinpoint areas of the brain that are responsible for various physical and mental health symptoms. And, after brain mapping, uses a device that works to send electromagnetic pulses into the brain to painlessly stimulate brain function in areas of the brain that may not be functioning properly.
Who Does dTMS Help?
Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation therapy can help people who are dealing with a number of physical and mental health issues. FDA approved indications for dTMS include:
- Major Depression
- Depression with anxiety
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Nicotine addiction; (smoking cessation)
- Other psychiatric conditions for which there is clinical experience of improvement with dTMS include:
-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Some Things You Can Expect to Happen During dTMS Sessions
It’s easy to become overwhelmed with all the different types of treatments available for both physical and mental health issues. Knowing what you can expect during treatment sessions can help ease apprehension and help you gain confidence in knowing that you’re choosing the best treatment option for you.
Some of the things you can expect during dTMS therapy sessions include:
- Measuring your head to determine where the machinery will sit during the session
- Having the helmet placed on your head in order to administer the electromagnetic pulses
- Turning the equipment on so that the coil can send electromagnetic pulses through the brain
- Sitting in a comfortable position for 19 minutes throughout the session in order to complete the session
- Going about your day as sessions don’t require any form of sedation or recovery time
- Receiving sessions a number of times during the week for 6 weeks up to 3 months (depending on the severity of your symptoms and the diagnosed condition)
Getting Help Through dTMS From Synchrony Brain Health
Looking for a qualified dTMS practitioner in Illinois? Synchrony Brain Health offers a number of revolutionary therapies for people dealing with both physical and mental health issues, including dTMS. Find out more about what to expect from dTMS sessions and this therapy offered at our Evanston location today on our website.